By Shanshan Thompson and Mark Eric Benson
The Illinois Community Ambassador Recruiting Guidelines
Are you a team player? Do you easily connect with people even if you don’t meet them face to face? Are you comfortable participating in an online meeting? A Twitter Chat? A Facebook Live Chat? Most importantly, are you passionate about Massive Online Open Courses (MOOCs) and business courses?
If you say “YES” to all these questions, please feel free to consider joining us and be a part of our Illinois Community Ambassador Team. Our Team members hail from places all over the world but meet virtually on a periodic basis to try to find ways to promote the positive attributes of the UIUC Gies courses available via Coursera. We are collaborative, open-minded, and demonstrate a thirst for learning, personal growth and encouraging others.
What are some of the perks of the UIUC Community Ambassador Program?
- Be a part of an engaging, creative, collaborative and global community.
- Represent one of the most renowned universities in the world.
- Hone team management, communication and other leadership skills.
- Deepen knowledge about brand management and other up-to-date marketing concepts and practice.
- Savor opportunities to communicate your love for marketing innovation.
Who we are looking for?
A person who is taking or has completed one of the following specializations on Coursera.
- Digital Marketing Specialization
- Strategic Leadership & Management Specialization
- Managerial Economics & Business Analysis Specialization
- Value Chain Management Specialization
- Financial Management Specialization
- Global Challenges in Business Specialization
- Innovation: From Creativity to Entrepreneurship Specialization
You qualify if you are a person who has been active for six consecutive months on various social media platforms of UIUC, conducting regular interactions with an audience on UIUC social media feeds, posting helpful comments and suggestions to foster enlightened discussion.
- From Ideas to Objects with 3D Printing
- Illinois Improving Business Finances and Operations Specialization MOOC
- Illinois Digital Marketing Specialization MOOC
- Managerial Economics and Business Analysis Specialization MOOC
- Strategic Leadership & Management Specialization MOOC
- IL Digital Marketing
- Gies Business
- iMBA at Illinois
- Illinois Strategic L
- IL Entrepreneurs
- Illinois MakerLab
You also qualify if you are willing to devote three or four hours every week to these and other related activities
If you can also attend a monthly one hour web meeting in the morning (10 am – 11 am U.S. Central Time), we encourage you to apply.
This is an unpaid volunteer position. If you would like to be part of our Team, please send a short summary of your qualifications to email@example.com.
We will get back to you as soon as we can and conduct a brief, “five to ten minute,” web interview to see if we match!